Are you excited about permaculture but unclear how to put it into practice for yourself? Permaculture Design: A Step-by-Step Guide is just what you need! In this unique, full colour guide, experienced permaculture teacher Aranya leads you through the design process from beginning to end, using clear explanations, flowcharts and diagrams. Permaculture Design: A Step-by-Step Guide is based on course worksheets which have been designed, refined and tested on students over time.
Linking theory to practice, Aranya places the ethics, principles, philosophies, tools and techniques directly into the context of the process itself. This guide covers:
- Systems and patterns.
- Working as part of a design team.
- Land and non-land based design.
- Design frameworks.
- Site surveying and map making.
- Interviewing clients.
- Working with large client groups.
- Identifying functions.
- Choosing systems and elements.
- Placement and integration.
- Creating a design proposal.
- Project management.
- Presenting your ideas to clients.
While written for anyone with a basic grasp of permaculture, this book also has plenty to offer the more experienced designer.